Machine Learning Researcher in Large Language Models (LLMs)
Miðeind is looking for a Machine Learning Researcher to work on an exciting new 3-year international research project funded by the European Commission which focuses on the development of Large Language Models (LLMs). The project is a collaboration with both local and international universities and institutions.
The main objective of the project is the development of an open, trustworthy, and sustainable LLM, initially targeting Germanic languages. This is a unique opportunity to have a big impact on AI and language technology solutions for low-resource languages such as Icelandic, so we encourage candidates with expertise in Machine Learning, Language Technology and LLMs to apply.
- Curating and processing multilingual datasets.
- Developing, training, and aligning trustworthy and factful LLMs, with a particular focus on low-resource languages like Icelandic.
- Conducting benchmarking and multi-metric evaluations of LLMs.
- Applying LLMs in practical use cases.
- Communicating research results and solutions with project partners and possibly with the wider research community in peer-reviewed journals.
- Hold an MSc or PhD degree, or possess equivalent experience in a relevant field such as Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning or Computer Science.
- Proven experience of working on large-scale research projects with relevant focus and in international settings, is a plus.
- Ability to design, experiment, implement and communicate solutions effectively and independently.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages (e.g. Python) and deep learning toolkits (e.g. PyTorch).
- Strong mathematical skills in linear algebra and statistics.
- Disciplined work ethic and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Curiosity and aptitude for learning and picking up new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably another Germanic language.
Miðeind is a privately owned software company based in Reykjavík, Iceland, specializing in Language Technology (LT), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications for the Icelandic language. The company's mission is to enable Icelandic businesses and the public to benefit from the rapid global progress now happening in the fields of Language Technology and Artificial Intelligence. For more details, see mideind.is/english.html.
The role is based in our Reykjavík office. However, we are flexible and offer part-time remote options if needed. Please submit your application along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Til að sjá þessa auglýsingu á íslensku, sjá https://mideind.is/starf.html.